Featured Post

Sunday, February 18, 2018

What Valentine’s Day Means to Me?


Okay so this year Valentine’s Day came and went but something rather odd happened the day before.

I play videogames online. You all know about that since I wrote about my favorite game. Anyways one of the guys I play with asked me to be his Valentine. I am not sure if he understood the meaning of the word, but I said yes. Just to give some more information. Valentine means you spoil someone for a day. They don’t have to be your significant other. Well I decided it was cute and moved on. The day before Valentine’s Day he told me he liked me. Well, there are many issues with that but this is where the story ends. I told him the truth and let him stew for a while. I am not into younger guys and long distance is not my thing either.

A little background to the story: This guy is 22 years old and lives 2 states north of me. This would not work out for 2 very important reasons. First, I am 29 nearly 30 and I would never date a guy 8 years younger than me. The second thing is that long distance rarely works out. In addition to all of this, I believe in some form of education or at least a really good job to support a family. I rarely see any guys really work at this part of their lives. That is a third reason not to date someone.

Basically, I have my preferences like anyone else. I also do not like leading people on and I do not believe that age is nothing but a number. My range is between 2 years younger and up to 5 years older. Otherwise it’s creepy and the generation gap is intense. I prefer having someone nearby to hang out with and talk regularly. I have seen several friends torn up by long distance and it did not end up working out. So my conclusion is that it’s probably not worth taking the risk unless I really like the person and we would be seeing each other regularly each month but with everyone’s busy schedule, it is really hard to travel a few states over to visit.

So anyways, my philosophy about Valentine’s Day goes like this. Love everyday not just one day a year and spoil someone at some point, just because you can. Do not lead anyone on when it comes to the affairs of the heart. Also make sure you know the definition of a Valentine so you don’t get your heart broken on the most heart filled day of the year.

Melody