Featured Post

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!! С Новым Годом!!

Happy New Year everyone!

С Новым Годом to all my Russian friends!

2017 is over! A new year often means a new beginning!  Well the number 8 in Hebrew numerology means just that. I'm hoping that this year will be a new start for me.

Currently I am jobless for the first time in two years. The last time this happened it was the beginning of 2016 and I had just totalled my car and needed to find a job and fast. So I took a job as a security guard. Fast forward to 2017 Exactly one year to the day I started as a security guard, I quit and went to work for a large financial corporation. I absolutely loved it. Sadly it was not to last. 9 months later, September 1st I got a call that they were letting me go. I was in a state of shock. For two weeks I did not have a job so my moms friend referred me to someone (they will remain nameless). I worked for that person for 3 months and quit because, long story short, I could not please him. So I remained jobless for the next month.

This past month I realized that I needed a break from all the craziness in my life. I spend time with my family and we even got a new kitten for Christmas. His name is Rico. So as you can probably guess, I have had my hands full. I forgot how destructive cats can be. Anyways, all of that aside, I am going a little crazy. Call it cabin fever or whatever, but I need to find a job and quick. I hate sitting around. Unproductivity is what truly makes me unhappy. Another thing I figured out is that I keep letting what people say get to me. This is so unhealthy. In 2018 I resolve to stop that. I need to be like a duck in water. let the water roll off me (maybe my new meditation should be called "be one with the duck").

So, I just found out that the party I was supposed to go to got cancelled due to house system failures. So I felt really bad for a few hours and then learned about what happened to the house and immediately understood that it's not about me. I have a really bad habit of jumping to conclusion that someone does not like me or is mad at me and therefore does not want me around. This is simply not true. Another thing I need to work on in 2018.

New Years Eve morning I went to church. I was late but I made it just in time. I had to sit in the back. My friends were not there so I left right after to go home and set up for my lifestream. This is the first time I have ever tried something like this. The internet disconnected 3 times. Turns out that my network adapter was connected to the power settings. so it would be put to sleep every hour. I just fixed that this morning just before I sat down to write this post. Over-all it was an interesting experience. I learned a lot about OBS settings and how to make sure my microphone does not echo. I ended up chucking my microphone and just using the microphone in my laptop. I also connected my second monitor. The next thing I need to sit down and learn is GIMP. I need to make thumbnails for my videos. Another thing I need to do in 2018.

After the stream, I settled down in the basement and set the table and had myself a peaceful New Years party at home. It was pretty awesome. This is what I needed. After the new year struck I plugged in a movie and laid back with some tea and sweets. This time last year I spend New Years in a cold drafty guard house at a Coca Cola Plant. The bright side to all of this situation is that I was not on the roads where there could have been a bunch of drunk drivers and I did not have to spend a drop of gas to go to my party.

Every storm cloud has a silver lining and the sunshine after a storm makes a rainbow.

Happy New Year,

Melody