Featured Post

Friday, September 16, 2016

How to Get Through the Holiday Blues: Alone on Every Holiday.

From the first time I started working for a large company of some kind, I have always had to sacrifice a lot around the holidays. I always longed for that ideal family togetherness but never seemed to feel it and may never truly get it.

The holidays are always so depressing to me. I have a love/hate relationship with the holiday season. This year is no different. Because of the post I work at, I will have to spend every single holiday alone in a little tiny guard shack with a couple space heaters for my company.That is not what I was expecting. This year I plan to take a different approach. I will put all my effort into making the best of the situation.

Here are a few tips to help you guys out.

  • Get holiday themed decorations- I plan to put up lights in our window and I will get a small present for my supervisor. My little tree will be all dressed up and sitting on my windowsill in my room. 
  • Get holiday themed foods- I plan to get a thanksgiving meal for Thanksgiving, Cookies for Hanukkah/ Christmas, and something sparkly for New Years. 
  • Watch holiday themed movies- That will not be hard to rig up.
  • Lastly text my SO and family- Even when I can't be there in person, I will still text my family on the day of the holiday. 

It might be depressing and I might be shedding tears about it at the moment, but I think I will make it through the holidays with just a little frostbite on my fingers.

Melody out!