Featured Post

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Update time!

Hello readers, 

So much has happened since I last touched this blog back in 2020. 

I moved, got a dog and had a baby girl. What a whirlwind the last years have been. Regretfully I have also decided not to do the YouTube channel. I had a blast with it but it is a lot more work than anyone will tell you. But I digress. I will still play my flute from time to time but mostly for myself and not for anyone else to hear.

I learned so much about myself and my new title of Mom. Mother's Day has taken on a whole new meaning for me because being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding job I have ever done. Your job truly never ends. All the clichés are true to a T. It really is always go go go, call this, schedule that and keep everything running smoothly. I feel great when I am productive and getting things done. I don't feel so great when its all hitting brick walls and the chores don't get done and the list goes on. 

In just the last year I have learned the sheer amount of patience and love you have to have for the little being that needs you so much. When she is sitting there giggling at something my heart swells. When she is screaming her head off all I want to do is make it better and comfort her somehow. Some days its all medical appointments and she doesn't like it. I genuinely hope she doesn't remember any of this part of her life because I don't want her resenting me for it later. Its a long story but hopefully she will grow up healthy and happy and all of this will pass. 

My biggest piece of advice is to take it one day at a time because tomorrow has troubles of its own. (Matthew 6:34).

Happy Mothers Day!🎕💗

-Melody